Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Picking up the seeds

This morning I served Bow a new type of grapes for breakfast. The Town & Country supermarket had them displayed so nicely and priced so reasonably, that  I couldn't resist, even though I know new things are risky. New things are risky, because Bow doesn't always like new things. He might refuse to eat them. After all, we all remember the incident a while back with the Concord grapes. It took me forever to convince him to eat them, on account of the seeds.

Today's new grapes were not Concord grapes, but they did have seeds. They are red grapes, but larger than usual. I think maybe some people call them "globe grapes". I served Bow, had my own breakfast, and then went to work on my CreateSpace blog, not paying much attention to Bow, who was still eating on the other side of the glass.
He was eating very loudly, with smacking sounds, but as long as he was happy, I was happy. (Sword was still asleep, as it is a weekend, and we had a late night.)

When I came in to take away the metal colander in which I served the grapes to Bow, Bow started busily picking up seeds from the floor and putting them into the colander. I didn't have to tell him! I might not even have noticed the seeds on the floor, because there were only a few of them. The majority of the seeds were already neatly piled up with the stems inside the colander. When he had finished picking up the seeds, Bow picked up the colander by its two handles and gave it to me.

"Thank you, Bow!" I said. He is such a help.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I always enjoy your posts here on your blog. Do you have a link to your CreateSpace blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Victoria, I just now noticed this, even thought it's been two days.

    I have a link to my CreateSpace blog on my Hubpages profile. Do you think I need one here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you feel like linking here, that'd be fine. I'll go look for it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here's a link to the latest blog post there:

    https://www.createspace.com/en/community/people/AyaKatz/blog/2010/12/11/not-much-happening-the-review-is-picked-up-by-other-blogs

    ReplyDelete