Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Out in the Snow



We have been snow bound for several days now. I have gone for a walk each day, but Bow has not wanted to go out.


At first there was not much snow on the ground, but it was nice to take a walk down the path in the snow flurries.


On the second day, there was much more snow on the ground, though by afternoon when I took my walk, it was not snowing any longer.


On the third day, I saw deer bounding over the path. On the fourth day, it was so cold out that I cut my walk very short, and we concentrated on grooming.


 And today, on the fifth day, Bow asked to go outside. I did not know whether to take the request seriously. Sometimes when he is bored, but it is too cold out, he will drag me all the way to the outer door, but never actually go out. But this afternoon he jumped out without hesitation. Naturally, his feet never touched the snow. He landed on the bench.


Bow shook his head at the cold, but did not ask to go back in. Instead, he lay on the rim of the bench's backrest and sunbathed for a good long time, before asking to go back inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment