Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Senate Hearing to be held on Wednesday




The weather has been nice. While I worked on my taxes, Bow went outside and relaxed.


With the taxes done, I turned to mowing the lawn.


Okay, so it's not much of a lawn, but it's still important to keep the vegetation down in the backyard, so as to   limit ticks and fleas. This morning I finally finished mowing the lawn. I thought we would have a little relaxing time together.

But I see that SB149, the parallel bill to HB284 in the Missouri State Senate is back on the table. There will be a hearing on it tomorrow.


Tomorrow is a Wednesday. Lawrence will be here. I can go. But if I go I will miss Sword's music lesson and all the other things I was planning to do on my day off. 

I will go, but you can see how even if these laws are not passed, the very act of trying to pass them is harassing and disturbing. I'd much rather contemplate the flowers and spend time with my family.





If you are a Missouri resident, please call your state senator and ask him or her to vote against SB149. And while you're at it, ask if there is anything we can do to stop the out-of-state sponsors of the bill from ever being able to try this again. Some things should never be voted on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment