Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Fifth of November

Today the clock was set back, and Bow was annoyed with me for not getting up at the usual time. By 5:30 am he was vocalizing loudly, even though it was still dark.

The day was warm. Somebody online reminded me that it was Guy Fawkes Day. Bow wore no mask, although a few days earlier, just before Halloween, when we had our first big freeze, he had  looked a little like jedi master when he greeted me that morning.


Today, we spent a lot of time outside in the outer pen. Bow groomed me, and then I groomed him.


Then we went indoors, but Bow did not want to groom anymore. He just asked for a drink of water, which I promptly provided. It's all so undramatic at our house. Elsewhere in the universe, somebody shot a church full of people -- in Texas! But that's not what happened for Bow and me in the pens.


Sometimes we do hear the neighbors shooting, but that's to do with deer season. However, no one is shooting at the deer on our land, and, for the time being, they are perfectly safe to graze on the front lawn, in plain view.


If only the rest of the world could be as calm and peaceful as our little corner!

2 comments:

  1. I realized before going to work, oh my gosh I have an hour more. It was nice, but threw me off. A lot of people say we no longer need daylight savings time, and I think they might have a point. I am okay with it, but readjusting two times a year always throws me off for a week or so. I am still looking at the clock not feeling quite right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be very confusing when they change the clock. I'm glad they don't do it more often than twice a year.

      Delete