Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Snake I Caught

"There's a snake in my room!" Sword announced this afternoon.
When something like this happens, I leave the pens right away, without even asking leave of Bow.
Sure enough there really was a snake in her room. I went to the kitchen to get some paraphernalia to catch it with, and it was still there when I got back.  I managed to pin it down with a spatula, but then it escaped head first into a hole in the wall, with the rest of it trailing after. I had to pull it out by the tail, but when it was all the way out of the hole, I prevented it from turning back on me by pinning it down with the spatula and getting it sandwiched in some kitchenware.


 Then I took it outside to the field to let it go. But it was very reluctant to go anywhere for a long time. I think I must have traumatized it.


Afterwards, I returned to the pen. "I want a snake," Bow spelled.
"I let him go," I replied.
"Don't let him go," he spelled.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you are a brave lady Aya. I would have been very scared. Do you think the snake was poisonous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. The snake was not poisonous. It was a common black rat snake. But I was careful not to get bitten, anyway.

      Delete