Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2015

Brief Encounter with a Monarch

Yesterday when I went for my walk, three different Monarch butterflies, on three separate occasions,  flew right toward me and then away. I was too surprised the first time to be able to film it. I had barely gotten out the door. This was the second time.



 The third time happened right after this one, when I was trying to watch footage of this clip on my phone. I have sweetened the vision for you by adding a snippet of music by Debussy and slowing down the butterfly's motion. But in real life the experience was even grander.

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your longer posts, but this short post was fun. I think it is good to mix it up, especially since you have been working a lot of your novel these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. I think I will experiment with shorter posts for a while as I focus more on the novel.

      Delete