Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Conversation with Bow

Not every conversation with Bow consists of a lot of words or is very deep.


Sometimes his use of language seems almost random. For instance, this afternoon, he drew my attention, interrupted what I was doing, and then spelled: "טוב." (Good.)

"What's good?" I asked.

"I'm good," he spelled.

"Well, I know that you're good, Bow," I said. "But I don't know what you want." Then I looked into his eyes. "Do you know what you want?"

He shook his head. It was unmistakable! He didn't know, either.

So I sat there beside him and gave him a backrub. And that seemed to do the trick. After that, he let me get back to what I was doing.

Come to think of it, maybe that conversation was deeper than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment