Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grandma's house

I am planning a trip to visit my mother at the end of the month. The last time I visited there was in 2005, with Sword and Bow. Sword celebrated her sixth birthday there.  Bow had to be carried by me throughout the house, as it would not be wise to let him loose. At night, while Sword stayed with my mother, Bow and I went to a motel room, where, to work off all that pent up energy from being carried all day, Bow would leap from one bed to the other, over and over and over again, before he would settle down
to sleep. Amazingly, the motel room did not sustain any damage from serving as Bow's play gym.


This time, Lawrence will stay with Bow, and I will fly with Sword to my mother's place for a long weekend. We will sleep in her guestroom, and I won't have a chimp on my back. The load will be lighter, but something will be missing, too.

This morning, Bow took my hand and spelled: "It's not good that Mommy will go to grandma's house without Bow." He would like to come, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment