Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

More Interested in Rabbits than Butterflies


I was reviewing some footage of a damaged butterfly that I shot yesterday.



It was not the same butterfly who had had the frayed wings at the edges. This one had nice edges, but a really big hunk of wing was missing.


Bow said he wanted to see it, too. So I let him.


But after a very short while, Bow started fiddling with the computer. He caused a window to open over the video, and he did not know what to do about that. He kept reaching for my hand and pointing to the screen. When the video of the butterfly shut down, he noticed an array of other videos to choose from on the desktop. He took my hand and pointed to the video that he wanted to watch next. I was not sure, so I asked him to do it again. The video he selected was about rabbits.



Bow got much more excited watching the rabbit video. For one thing, he could hear the dogs barking in the background. The dogs knew the rabbits were out there beyond the fence, and Bow seemed to identify with their desire to catch the rabbits. Bow vocalized a couple of times and also pointed at the screen.

I think Bow finds it easier to take an interest in mammals than in insects. From the views on my YouTube account, this seems to be true of many humans as well.

2 comments:

  1. It is probably more fun to watch animals running around the yard and lots of noise from his 'friends' that he's already familiar with than to watch an insect quietly doing 'nothing'.
    Too funny....I can relate to Bow's frustration with opening a random window on my computer and trying to figure out what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy. I can relate to that, too.
      Bow has his own computer -- a touchscreen. But somehow he prefers to use mine and to direct me to open windows for him.

      Delete