Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Snow on the Ground

This morning we woke up to snow on the ground. It was not much snow, but it is the first snow of the season.


In the back yard, the liquidambar pods were topped with snow, like tiny Christmas ornaments.



The bench in the outer pen was frosted with snow.


I tried to entice Bow to go out into the pen to experience the snow, but even when I told him that Leo was out there, he stubbornly refused to go out.


He preferred to stay snug and warm indoors.



RELATED



4 comments:

  1. Bow's little 'raspberry' to you when you suggested he go out was funny! I don't imagine that chimpanzees have a second, inner downy coat like some of our more adapted dogs (huskies, etc). do for cold weather? It must feel very cold to him out there. I was very disappointed that we only got about an inch of snow. Hoping for a lot more this winter! We are in a La Nina season this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy, yes, that raspberry was a very effective form of communication. No, no inner downy coat. Chimpanzees are just like us. They do not have fur -- only hair. They are not designed for cold weather.

      I hope we do get more snow. But Bow doesn't.

      Delete
  2. I love the snow on the Liquidambar pod, which never happens down in the city where I live. It makes it so Christmasy, and reminds me when I dipped those pods in the glitter glue a few years ago. My sister threw them out soon after because she said it was too difficult to keep the dust off these when cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your liquidambar pods dipped in glitter glue, Julia! That was a great art project. I never got around to trying that myself, but seeing the snow on the pods did remind me of it.

      Delete