Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Reviewing Books and Other Things

My book, In Case There's a Fox, is now available for sale on Amazon.com. If you buy it, please consider reviewing it on Amazon, as every review can potentially help. The next book I plan to publish is called When Sword Met Bow, and it will recount their earliest experiences together, mostly from Sword's point of view.

I've been focused on children's books and how they are reviewed, and that's why this weekend I pulled out one of my very favorite children's books in the English language, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings' The Secret River. It's been years since the last time I read it to Sword and Bow, but yesterday, Bow and I read it again.

It's really an excellent book, and not many are like it. It ties the cycle of life in with the business cycle in a way that no other book does, and without being at all preachy. There is such a light touch, and the prose flows like poetry. Bow leafed through it, and then he settled down on a blanket and let me read to him.

In the evening, I was intent on cleaning up and getting back to my review, but Bow spelled: "We should call grandma." So I did. He really has his priorities straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment